Working out is tiring, can sometimes be painful, and let's be real here: who really wants to sweat? In actuality, you don’t have to do an intense and hour-long workout to receive some of the same benefits as someone who is a regular gym goer. Just fifteen minutes of exercise can increase your overall focus during the day, making you more productive and alert. You don’t even need any equipment, so your “I don't have a gym membership” excuse isn't going to work here!
There are four main points to be made here:
- The problem with exercise in America and ways to fix it
- Three quick tips on how to fit a 15 minute exercise into your busy schedule.
- Four easy ways to a better and happier workout
- A video example of a quick 15 minute workout you can do anywhere!
- Ultimately, people are not active anymore. With the constant advancement of entertainment technology and less focus on physical activity in general, adults and children are not getting the recommended amount of exercise. So how do we fix this? We HAVE to go outside! According to U.S. Department of Health and Human Services only 1 in 5 homes have parks or recreational centers/gyms in walking distance from them. We have to build our communities back up! Building more parks and gyms for people of all ages to enjoy can encourage people to become more active in their daily lives. I know this concept seems far-fetched, but it's not a new idea. A company in Tennessee has even started building outdoor fitness parks! Check out how you can get a fitness park built in your neighborhood here! https://fitness.playcore.com/exercises/
Three Quick Tips on How to Fit a 15 Minute Workout in to your Day!
- Schedule and plan out your entire day. Doing this will allow you to see where you might have a little extra time to squeeze in a workout!
- Wake up 15 minutes earlier. Start your day off by raising your heart rate and engaging in physical activity; this will set the tone for the rest of your day.
- Right before taking your lunch break find a secluded area and begin your workout. There are a lot of effective workouts that can be done in or around your office with no need for a gym or weights!
Four Easy Ways to a Better and Happier Workout:
- Always start your work out with a warm-up and end with a cool-down
- Remember to stretch. This helps reduce risk of injury and keeps your muscles flexible.
- Strive to reach your target heart rate and NEVER exceed your maximum heart rate.
- Find something to distract you while working out (music, tv, etc...).
The MealViewer Team and our favorite 15 minute workout!
Need more ideas on how to get fit without joining a gym? Check out this article by the Huffington Post! https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ways-to-get-fit-without-joining-a-gym_us_5a70a960e4b0be822ba0de71#
*Remember to always consult a physician before participating in any vigorous physical activity!